Using my Aspire One I noticed that, in spite of an optimum signal level, the surfing and page opening was slower than on my Aspire 1680. Looking through the web I found many other users saying they were experiencing this problem and I found suggestion for a solution that for me is working...
It seems like a problem with the power management of the wireless adapter.
To solve it you have to go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. There you have to expand the Network Adapters and right click the wireless adapter (Atheros...Wireless Network Adapter), then choose Properties and go to the Advanced tab. Now you have to select in the left column the Power Save Mode and set it on the right to the Off Value. Finally press OK and close the device manager
Sources of this post are on theacerguy.com and redflagdeals.com